Columbus is a fantastic city to visit, and with a population of over 850,000 people, there’s plenty to do and see. In this Columbus city guide, we’ll outline all the must-see attractions in Columbus, as well as give you tips on things to avoid if you’re looking for a relaxing vacation.
Attractions in Columbus, Ohio
Columbus offers a variety of attractions that are sure to please everyone. Whether you’re looking to explore the city’s historical sites or enjoy some of the area’s unique festivals, there is something for everyone in Columbus. Here are five of the city’s most popular attractions:
1. Columbus Museum of Art
The Columbus Museum of Art is home to an extensive collection of art from around the world, including works by renowned artists such as Vincent van Gogh and Pablo Picasso. Admission to the museum is free for all visitors, and it is open Monday through Friday from 10 am to 5 pm, and on weekends from 11 am to 6 pm.
2. Ohio Theatre
The Ohio Theatre is one of Columbus’ most popular tourist destinations. Built-in 1928, the theater features a beautiful neoclassical facade and has been used for everything from concerts to stage productions. The theater is open Monday through Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm, and on Sundays from 1 pm to 5 pm.
3. Scioto Mile
The Scioto Mile is a stretch of riverfront park located in downtown Columbus. The mile-long promenade includes a number of attractions, including a kayaking center and a number of restaurants and businesses. The mile is open daily from 7 am to 11 pm.
4. Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is one of the largest zoological gardens in the Midwest, and it is home to more than 5,000 animals from all over the world. The zoo is open daily from 9 am to 5 pm, and admission is free for all visitors.
5. OSU Campus
Ohio State University’s campus is home to a number of attractions, including the Woody Hayes Athletic Center, which features a number of basketball courts as well as a gymnasium; the Jerome Schottenstein Center, which hosts concerts, wrestling matches, and other events; and the Wexner Center for the Arts, which features a variety of theaters and arts venues. Ohio State University is open Monday through Saturday from 8 am to 10 pm, and on Sundays from 1 pm to 6 pm.
There are also a number of other attractions in Columbus that are worth checking out, including the Ohio State Capitol Building, the Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Garden, and the Columbus Zoo’s Safari World.
Restaurants in Columbus, Ohio
In addition to the great attractions already mentioned, Columbus is also home to a number of fantastic restaurants, bars, and clubs. If you’re looking for a good meal, you can’t go wrong with the North Star Cafe, which serves up delicious American fare. For something a little more unique, try the German-themed Hofbrauhaus Columbus. And if you’re in the mood to party, Bodega 61 is the place to be!
Whether you’re looking for a quaint bistro or a flashy steakhouse, Columbus has something for everyone. Here are six of our favorite restaurants in Columbus:
1. The Blue Jacket Tavern: This casual pub is perfect for a relaxing meal with friends. The menu features simple but delicious dishes like buffalo chicken wraps and black and white fish tacos.
2. Boca Chica: This Latin-inspired restaurant offers a variety of dishes such as seafood paella and chicken chimichangas. You can also find vegetarian and vegan options on the menu, making it a great choice for diners who want to stick to their diet or just try something new.
3. Lenny’s Clam Bar: This seafood restaurant is known for its fresh catches and expertly prepared dishes. Try their signature chowder or any of their many fresh seafood options, such as oysters Rockefeller or crab cakes.
4. Juniper Steakhouse: If you’re looking for an upscale steakhouse, Juniper is the place to go. Their menu features everything from filet mignon to lobster bisque, so there’s sure to be something for everyone.
5. East Coast Seafood: This casual seafood restaurant is perfect for a night out with friends. The menu features items like lobster bisque and fried calamari, so there’s something for everyone on the menu.
6. Revolution Brewing Company: Revolution Brewing is known for its creative beers and delicious food. Their menu features everything from pizza to salads to burgers, so there’s sure to be something for everyone on their menu.
Hotels & Vacation Homes in Columbus, Ohio
Columbus has a wide variety of hotels and vacation homes to choose from. Some of the best options include the Hyatt Regency Columbus and the Fairfield Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown.
When it comes to finding the perfect place to stay in Columbus, there are a number of options to choose from. From high-end hotels to charming inns, there is something for everyone.
Norwood Inn & Suites Columbus is a great choice for those who want comfortable accommodations and easy access to the city’s attractions.
Graduate Columbus is another excellent option, offering stylish rooms and suites as well as a convenient location near the Ohio State University campus.
Sheraton Suites Columbus Worthington is a great choice for travelers who want spacious accommodations and top-notch amenities.
Extend-A-Suites Columbus -Ohio St. University: Extend a Suites is a great choice for families or groups, as it offers suites with fully equipped kitchens and separate bedrooms.
For those who want a more unique experience, there are plenty of vacation rentals available in Columbus.
VRBO – Columbus, OH: This website offers a wide variety of vacation rental options in Columbus, from apartments and condos to houses and cottages.
Airbnb – Columbus, OH: Airbnb is another great option for finding vacation rentals in Columbus. You can filter your search by price, location, and amenities to find the perfect place to stay.
Whether you’re looking for a hotel, vacation rental, or something else entirely, Columbus has plenty of great places to stay. Choose the perfect accommodations for your
Whichever hotel you choose, you’re sure to have a comfortable and enjoyable stay in Columbus, Ohio.